Parent Advisory Committee
All parents of children enrolled at the Center are automatically members of the Child's Day Parents Advisory Committee (PAC) which was formed to promote and facilitate communication and fellowship among parents, management, teachers, and staff and to provide a strong and stable environment and community for the children. Notices of monthly PAC meetings are posted in advance and extended child care is available.
PAC is a volunteer organization of parents of children enrolled at Child's Day. The mission of PAC is to create the richest possible environment to promote the learning, health and well being of all of the children at Child's Day.
The following principles demonstrate our commitment to this mission and guide PAC in its actions and decisions. PAC shall work to:
- Promote and provide learning opportunities for faculty and staff to enhance their teaching skills.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information among parents by facilitating communication between the parents and the school's faculty, staff and administration.
- Organize programs and activities designed to foster a strong sense of community among the parents, children, faculty and staff.
- Provide a means for parents to be of service to the school – encourage parent support and participation in the life of the school.
- Provide child-rearing learning opportunities for parents.
- Act as a resource for new families to become acclimated to Child's Day.
- Demonstrate PAC's appreciation to faculty and staff throughout the school year.
- Maximize the learning, well-being and enjoyment of our children through enhancement of their environment.
- Generate revenue to support the PAC's principles and mission.