This fall, Elena Michaelson joined Child’s Day as our Music Discovery teacher. Elena has been teaching music to young children in Austin since 1999. She has a B.A. with emphasis in Music Education and training in Music Kids and Kodaly music education programs.
Some of the benefits your child will receive from early music education include:
- Children who play or sing music regularly perform better in reading and math when they begin elementary school.
- Since playing, singing and dancing to music increases both fine and gross motor skills and helps develop hand-eye coordination, helping children to better control their bodies.
- Those actively involved in music also tend to have high self-esteem and are better at playing with others.
- Early language development - singing nursery rhymes and simple songs teaches children how language is constructed and assists with the acquisition of language.
- Teaches children about tone, beat and rhythm.
- Teaching songs with actions encourages your child to dance along with the music. This helps them to learn balance, co-ordination and body awareness.
These are only a few of the great benefits of our Music Discovery program with Elena – sign up now to jumpstart your child’s education!
Please click here for the current Music Discovery Newsletter